L’Arche Tahoma Hope
L’Arche, French for “the ark,” is committed to changing the way people with intellectual disabilities are seen, moving from objects of pity to fellow citizens who have intrinsic value and unique contributions to make to others and to society.
The Mission of L’Arche is to:
- Make known the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities, revealed through mutually transforming relationships.
- Foster an environment in community that responds to the changing needs of our members, while being faithful to the core values of our founding story.
- Engage in our diverse cultures, working together toward a more human society.
The L’Arche community in Tacoma is one of 17 in the United States and part of a global movement of more than 145 in over 35 countries. Both service provider and community of faith, L’Arche Tahoma Hope provides homes for 15 core members (persons with intellectual disabilities) and 20 young adult assistants (caregivers). At L’Arche Farm & Gardens, 12 core members work with and welcome over 2,500 volunteers on site annually, and sell flowers, plants, crafts and produce at three farmers markets each week during the season. L’Arche Farm & Gardens is pleased to partner with St. Leo on the L’Honey project and with the Food Connection on the Sutherland Orchard.
How you can support L’Arche:
- Greet us at Mass, get to know our core members and assistants, and welcome our presence in the St. Leo community.
- Come visit us. Contact our office at 253-535-3178 or by email at email@example.com to arrange a tour or a meal in one of our homes.
- Sign up for our mail/email list. Go to our website at www.larchetahomahope.org, then click the “subscribe” button and choose what communications you would like to receive. Or, call our office, and we will sign you up personally.
- Volunteer at L’Arche Farm & Gardens or in our homes. Call our office or contact our Volunteer Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
- Support us financially through the “donate” button on our website. Or, contact the Development Director at the office or at email@example.com about other ways to contribute to our operations, capital campaign and long-term sustainability.
L'Arche Tahoma Hope